Sunday 25 February 2018

Guest Designer for February - Introducing Kym Upshaw

 Happy Sunday everyone and welcome back!

Again at Love 2 Create Challenges we are extremely proud when other crafters agree to be featured as a GDT on our blog and today we are sharing a project from Guest Designer Kym Upshaw. You can check out Kym's fabulous work over on her blog - Kym's Crafty Cards

Here's a short bio about Kym ...


My name is Kym and my blog is Kym’s Crafty Cards. I have been married to my husband for 26 years. I am a mother to two boys aged 25 and 21. I started cardmaking about 10 years ago and the cards that I make I sell solely to raise funds for different charities.  I love to use decoupage, toppers, rubber stamps but my first love has to be using digital stamps as you can print them any size that you want. I love to work with many different styles of rubber stamps/digital stamps eg cute, vintage, fantasy, Christmas etc and will have a try with any image to make some wonderful cards/creations so that I can sell to raise funds for charities.

Here is the fabulous card Kym created for us using Polkadoodles 'Ula - Be a Mermaid' ...


After being offered my GDT slot, I was lucky to be allowed to create with a Polkadoodles image and I chose to use "Ula be a Mermaid". I have coloured the image in with Promarkers and fussy cut around the image. I also printed off a sentiment that I got with the image, die-cut and edged with my Turquoise Pan Pastel.

For the background I used a Turquoise, Diarylide Yellow, Hansa Yellow and Pearlescent Yellow Pan Pastels to colour the background. I then used various seaside orientated stamps (greenery, driftwood, bubbles and fish) and stamped these onto the background.

I then used a Marianne designs die to make the mount for Ula the mermaid. I have finished the card off with some die-cut greenery and a die-cut shell border and individual die-cut shells highlighted with the the Pan Pastels used for the background and two large pearls.


Here is a list of the products I have used to create my card :-

Promarkers used: Face/skin - Saffron, Spice and Oatmeal
                             Hair - Yellow, Canary and Lemon
                             Mermaid/shells etc- Duck Egg, Turquoise, Putty, Tan, Burnt Orange & Dusky Pink.

Pan Pastels used: Rich Gold
                            Diarylide Yellow
                            Turquoise
                            Copper Metallic
                            Hansa Yellow
                            Pearlescent Yellow.

It's a honour to be a Guest Designer as I have followed the Love to Create for quite a few years now and participated in lots of the challenges..


* * * * * * *

Thank you Kym for your fabulous project and we look forward to seeing more of your projects in the future both here at Love 2 Create challenges and also on your blog.


Just a quick reminder to everyone that Challenge #5 ends tonight at midnight which means you still have a little time to add your project. All details for Challenge #5 can be found HERE.

Join us next week for another new challenge but until then ... happy crafting to you all ...,

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!