Sunday 11 May 2014

Pick a colour palette inspiration plus winners!

Good morning crafters, we've got loads of inspiration from the DT  for our 'Pick a Colour Palette' challenge for you today but if you want to go straight to the challenge linky, just click

Before we check out the amazing artwork from the DT though, I bet you're all waiting to find out the lucky winner and Top 3 from our 'Go Grungy' challenge so we won't keep you waiting any longer. Our lucky winner, chosen by Random.org is

Woo hoo, congratulations hun, please email us quoting your winners code: PPWK1201 to claim your prize

There were some gorgeous entries, you guys certainly don't make it easy for us to pick a top 3 lol. Congratulations to


Great work ladies, don't forget to grab your top 3 badge for your blogs!

Time for some inspiration from the DT, they've really done us proud again this week so why don't you pick your own colour palette and join us?? Our lucky winner will receive a fab prize of crafty goodies from Premium Craft Brands so don't miss out! Claire has done a step by step tutorial showing you how to create clouds using your Panpastels too so if you have time check out her blog for all the details.

Anjie - I chose this colour palette as it reminded me so much of my Maldives holiday. Oh how I wish I was back there right now!


Anyhoo, onto my project, here it is.

It started out life as a plain cardboard door hanger. I started by covering it in a layer of white Gesso and letting it dry (I used a heat gun to hurry it on). I then placed the Doobadoo Flower Swirl stencil over it. I mixed the Ultramarine Blue Pan Pastel with some Maimeri Light Modeling Paste and used it in random places over the stencil. I then did the same with the Turquoise Pan Pastel, and then the Permanent Green Pan Pastel. Finally I covered the whole thing with Maimeri Glassy Gel to make it look wet like the ocean. I then layered up some spiders web, a wide ribbon and a narrow ribbon and tied them around the centre. I then cut a set of flowers out of the Tattered Lace Lavish Blooms. I coloured the flowers with the same Pans and then coated them with Maimeri Iridescent Paste. I was just wanting to give them a different look but the paste made them really pliable and lots easier to curl and mold into shape. I can see me using this lots more now!

Terry, Hey there guys some more inpiration this week, my colour palette is the same as last week 
I got the colour palette for inspiration, from Design Seeds. I used the PanPastels with the purple, lavender, green colours. 

My project for this week is allmost the same as last week but also different heehe do I make sence....
This time I also made a Mobile but a Heartsy one, I worked with a DD mask and worked on the hearts with first Gesso, Light Modelling Paste and on top the colours from the palette. The backside of the hearts are worked on with the PanPastels and the fabulous stampset from Nikky. Especially the swirls work great on the hearts. On top I covered my hearts with Iridecent Paste.

 
Claire  I've used the same colour palette as last week too but this time I've created a  seaside scene using my stamps and PanPastels. I've done a tutorial for creating clouds using a pencil eraser and PanPastels, you can find it on my blog

color escape



I've used PanPastels in Turquoise Tint, Turquoise, Turquoise Shade, White, Paynes Grey, Neutral Grey, Burnt Sienna,, Raw Umber, you can find them here

Lou: I chose this particular colour palate as I just loved the blend of colours together and decided to use this as the inspiration to decorate a box. 


I primed the box with gesso and then set to adding some texture with a mask and Maimeri modelling paste. I have layered the paste very thickly to really create a raised effect. Once dry I used my pan pastels to add colour: soft gold metallic, diarylide yellow shade, yellow ochre, yellow ochre tint and raw umber. The box is to be used to store holiday memories safely until I get around to scrap booking them!


Using a mixture of stamped images and die cuts, I set about decorating my box top. All images have been aged slightly with my pan pastels and the large typewrite has been burnished with metallic gold pan pastel (hard to see in this photo).



I have even decorated the sides to match the theme. The butterfly diecuts have also been embossed with the same stencil as used on the lid and then pan pasteled!


You can find the challenge linky here

See you next week with another fun challenge!

7 comments:

  1. thanks for the top three and also loving the inspiration - beautiful work ladies xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. More stunning design inspiration from the team. Some amazing projects! :-) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much! Am very honoured and will add the badge to my blog!
    More gorgeous inspirations - the colour palette challenge is fun Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh WOWOWOWOW, SQueeeeee! I popped over to see the new challenge and I see my name, and not only that I won!
    Thank you so much!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me again, squeeee, the code linked to my name doesn't go to anything to do with me, just sayin'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects and so much fab inspiration. Congrats to the winners too!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for choosing my project in Top 3 and congrats to the other winners
    carol x

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your feedback so please feel free to leave the team a comment below - we love reading them!